Monday, October 23, 2006

Lalalalala-LAH

In a fit of narcissism, I googled my name to see what would show up. The first page was my blog! Yahoo! There weren't too many people with the same name as me around. I hope that the reason that the name is not popular has nothing to do with me.
Aside: At this point, most of those who know me and others who may have stumbled here by mistake, would be wondering why I thought it was a 'fit of narcissism'. Really, who am I kidding? The only reason that I'm not wasting away in front of my reflection is that I can be easily distracted by bright lights.
the others who shared my name were a one year old baby and a young lady who seems quite different than me. For example, she doesn't mind being asked questions about whether she prefers to laugh or to cry. My response to such questions would be a derogatory laughter and possible speculation about the questioners ancestry. Apart from the obligatory meanings of names databases, everything else pertained to me. To ME! Yay!

3 comments:

Nubian Nerd said...

Yes, you're definitely the winner of the “Shraavya” google search results competition. But what I find mildly disturbing is just how many of the early references to you are somehow affiliated with me. Perhaps you should pay me to be your PR person.

Cheerfully cynical said...

PR person?? You can't be on teh same continent as me as per the restraining order. don't think it's a co-incidence that the pages affliated with you showed up on a search for my name. we all know that you have an unhealthy obsession with me.

Anonymous said...

well... watching your reflection is lesser form of narcissism. You can spin it as being introspective. I am 4 1 a big sucker of what others reflect about me.
this makes u fine in comparison. May be even nothing as u still think that there exists brighter lights. worry not, u may get there by continuing on things like googling, haikuing, obsessing about your name.
A light cynical welcome from down there. he haw. -Anaam.