Sunday, October 15, 2006

I'm sure there's a point in this somewhere

I feel like I should have more to say on my very neglected blog. Waxing eloquent on things that are in the grand scheme of things not that important has always been far too easy, again to the chagrin of the people around me. However, on things that "matter", like life, love and the universe, I find that I can never be more than laconic. Worse I use cliches. The horror...
but the thing is that for whatever reason, anything that is of any import bubbles up to the surface in fragmented sentences, usually at inopportune times. To lend voice to thought will be, and has been, more bother than it is worth. It seems a bit silly to drop in lines of an emotional crisis or some such thing without any context or any hope for a future discussion which I know that I couldn't sustain. Not that I am going through an emotional crisis I hasten to add.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is true...I agree with Sathya...you really do use dense and heavy language!

Cheerfully cynical said...

it's hardly my fault if neither of you is able to keeep up with my mercurial mind. we are, after all, as god made us, or was it monkeys? who knows and is there a difference, and if there is, then does it matter?

concerned citizen said...

My thoughts exactly! Please do drop over to my blog. I like wordy.

Anonymous said...

Mercurial mind? Oh man, you are so funny sometimes!

Ok, even if you have a mercurial mind it does not mean that you cannot write lucidly and using simple language. Now when did monkeys make us? If anything did indeed make us then it is nature through the processes of evolution.

Anonymous said...

well I gave up after counting 30 points in this blog. try capitalizing (on) I next tIme, If you wanted lesser betrayal of your (Inner) i.

On a simpler note - Life, Love and Universe... I liked that. Laconic and hence more tasteful. Please keep making the mistake of lending voice and let your thoughts flow. which if you must know, felt much more worthy than many who bother around.

You know, many can relate and appreciate the burn of things like jumping contexts and chewing sentences. But how would we know? Isn't it safer just being cynical about such(!) people ;-).
Anaam