Friday, July 21, 2006

An old one

This is an old post from a now defunct, ill fated blog. I thought I would put this up here since I can't really think of anything else to say and have this strange compulsion to post something on the blog.
So I sit here in my room again. I've been in bed for the better part of the day. It worries me, if i can remember to think about it, that if i don't push myself to talk to people, I could very easily retreat into the world in my head. The eternal conflict for me isn't tuning out the world, but making myself acknowledge its presence and that i need it. It is what makes me, me. I react. I exist because I react to the world and my immediate surroundings. The funny thing is that I think most people would consider me to be individualistic and independent. the irony of that thought always amused me. Right down to the way I talk, I mimic the people around me. Maybe there is a part of me that is different from others-- that makes me see things differently. Maybe this is what people see and say is the essential me-ness. Oddly perceptive of them. Funny really, I am different to different people, but this part endures and is close enough to the surface that everyone can notice it. I do underestimate the world.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You wrote. Talk abt being communicative. Why don't u answer your fone?

Cheerfully cynical said...

uhhh.. who are you?

Anonymous said...

This sounds incredibly familiar to me for some reason.... I saw the blog on Orkut in case you're wondering what the hell I'm doing here.

Anonymous said...

this after two comments already.... well consider me cheap.
two quick says here, if i may. i use to underestimate the students i assisted for instance, till i found that few of them are making the university proud later.. i do not despise this retrospective guilt. at least, it made me learn to see talent, fun, uniqueness, whatever a person in front represents, a little more naturally than i used to. i used to obscure things with my irrelevant comparison from people i met in past or i wanted them to be.
2nd thing... on reading back, i have no idea whether what i said was relevant here at all.. :P
wait wait, whot about this for me wannabe commenting on eternal conflict or urs. a tilt by pi. The world around .. is just _a_ reflection of U!
people react alright.. but cud be to their own acts. O conflicted zerodegree! Thy may be doing too many action-reaction at one time, one place (ur head) harming a fine line u r capable to walk on; between warm fuzziness and heat-fogg, resulted from reaction of ur organic(chemical) self.
Btw, just a thought, I would love to see ur more expressions/reflections off on some character in somewhat direct storytelling than the stream of consiousness style. I suppose it wud come come great from u, making ur conflicts,turbulence... to flow.
beautiful.. keep flowing...

Cheerfully cynical said...

@anonymous long comment: who are you? also what's with the anonymity? you can make up a name you know? also am at a complete loss to undestand what you trying to say. please explain, hopefully without too much of SMS language usage

Cheerfully cynical said...

@anaam: thank you for continuing to be abstruse. in re, your comment about interference patterns, the name of my blog refers to parallel mirrors. the term "zero degree mirrors" is an old phrase from a dusty physics notebook from school.
aur appki pehchaan is naacheez ki zehen se baahar hai. is uljhan ko aap talkhi naa samajhiyega